Do you know ‘’ how much a lousy capacitor affects your electronic device?’’ Definitely, it does!!
The main issue with the capacitor is its ‘’internal resistance’’. If it is greater than a particular value, it dissipates the electrical energy and does not transmit the current correctly. This defect can be checked with a meter known as the ESR meter.
ESR meter is used to test the equivalent series resistance of a capacitor or the internal resistance of the capacitor when AC is applied to it. This gives us an indication of the resistance; if it is below a certain level then the capacitor is suitable, and if it is above a certain level, the capacitor is bad.
Best ESR Tester
In some ESR meters, you can take the idea from the maximum resistance table; which one resistance is suitable for the capacitor. See the table, if the capacitor measured value is above the mentioned resistance, the capacitor is bad. Now it is time to change the capacitor; an ESR meter makes the job easier to diagnose the faulty capacitor.
ESR meter can be used with a standard multimeter, with a capacitor measuring facility; that allows you to check the capacitance in microfarad, Milli farad, Nano farad, etc. All capacitors have internal resistance, which does not allow AC current to flow easily. An ESR meter measures the internal resistance in Ohms.
1. Multi-function Tester, Pocketable TFT Backlight Transistor LCR-TC1 Tester for Diode Triode Capacitor
The Longruner ESR meter has several capabilities, including detecting different ranges, and is a multifunctional unit. However, I like this one the most. It’s about the same accuracy as the other units, but this one does have the super-nifty Zener diode port and less useful but interesting IR serial data port.
It is an excellent product. In this world of self-testing and or self-resetting consumer products, it is a must-have. Many products cost much more, with many or almost 90% of the features you do not use. The most valuable tool is your mind combined with intelligent thinking backed up by intellectualized logical experience.
In itself, it is a high-end product you can not compare to non. i.e., you cannot say it is cheap or a toy because of the price, etc. Why spit hundreds or thousands of dollars while this product does what you want to know about the product under repair
The resistor, transistor NPN and PNP, capacitor, MOSFET N-channel, P-channel, diode, triode, IGBT, and JFET may be detected. Therefore, the detector will immediately check it by simply placing the pins in the relevant areas and dialing the given knob. It will visibly show the findings on display at the end of the TFT panel.
What We Like:
- It supports English and Chinese languages.
- If the device is not used, the multifunctional auto power off option saves the battery energy for longer life.
- Self-calibration and advance performance.
What We Dislike:
- The LCD is not indexed.
- The built-in lithium-polymer cell is pretty tiny.
- The encasement sucks.
- For Professionals.
2. Transistor Tester, DROK Mosfet Transistor Capacitor Tester, Mega328 NPN PNP Transistor Diode Resistor Inductor Capacitance MOS SCR ESR Meter Automatic.
- Resistors Range: 0.5 ohm-50 M ohm
- Capacitors Range: 25pF-100000uF
- Inductors Range: 0.01mH-20H
- Voltage supply: DC 6F229V layer-built battery
- Transistors range: 2 or less(including 2) P-N junction transistor
- Screen: 1.8 inch TFT color LCD screen
- Auto shutdown time: 40sec longest
- Dimensions: 70mm x 135mm x 24mm
You can use this battery-powered (DC9V) multifunctional capacitance meter to test triode, field-effect tube(FET), diode, resistor, capacitor, inductor, MOS, SCR, which is available for various electric transistor testing.
This fantastic detector adopts a 1.8″ TFT color LCD screen with high resolution. Besides, the different parameter is shown with different color, convenient and straightforward for you to check the parameter.
DROK intelligent transistor checker can automatically detect NPN and PNP transistors, N-channel and P-channel MOSFET, diodes, thyristors, resistors, capacitors, or other devices.
The advanced electronic transistor tester owns an auto shut-down function. There is a shut-down countdown displayed on the monitor, and you can extend the shut-down countdown time up to 40s.
- Real 4½ digit (60000 counts) readings resolution
- Up to 150 rdgs/s measurement speed
- True-RMS AC Voltage and AC Current measuring
- 1 Gb NAND flash size, Mass storage configuration files
- and data files
- Built-in cold terminal compensation for thermocouple
- With easy, convenient, and flexible PC software: EasySDM
- Standard interface: USB Device, USB Host, LAN
- USB & LAN remote interfaces support common SCPI
- command set. Compatible with other popular DMMs on
- the market
SDM3045X is a 4½ digit digital (60000 counts) multimeter incorporating a dual-display and is especially well suited for the needs of high-precision, multifunction and automatic measurement.
User-friendly Design 4.3” TFT-LCD, 480*272 Support dual display, Chinese and English Menu Built-in front panel accessible help system File management (support for U-disc and local storage)
Application fields: Research Laboratory, Development Laboratory, Detection, and Maintenance Calibration Laboratory, Automatic Production Test.
- Basic Measurement Function
- DC Voltage: 600 mV ~ 1000 V
- DC Current: 600 μA ~ 10 A
- AC Voltage: True-RMS, 600 mV ~ 750 V
- AC Current: True-RMS,60 mA ~ 10 A
- 2/4-Wire Resistance: 600 Ω ~ 100 MΩ
- Capacitance: 2 nF ~ 10000 μF
- Continuity Test: Rang e is fixed at 2 kΩ
- Diode Test: Adjustable range is 0~4 V.
- Frequency Measurement: 20 Hz ~ 500 KHz
- Period Measurement: 2 μs ~ 0.05 s
- Temperature: Support for TC and RTD sensor Max, Min, Average, Standard Deviation, dBm/dB, Relative Measurement, Pass/Fail Histogram, Trend Chart
It might be a bit expensive for a hobbyist, but do yourself a favour and buy it. The only negative thing I have is that pulsing LED for the soft-power button. It is massively bright. I might open her up and see if I can change the resistor to a higher value one to fix that. Other than that, the nice meter and the Leeds are excellent, probably silicone.