The electronic market is full of different brands and quality soldering irons. The most challenging thing is selecting the best and genuine soldering iron for your professional hobbyists and learning tasks. One of the concerns with the Hakko Soldering station is that there are many fake Hakko Soldering station in the market.
Hopefully, you will find this article helpful to find and buy a genuine Hakko Soldering Station.
What are the differences between the Genuine and Fake Hakko Soldering Station?
There are the following differences between the Genuine and Fake Hakko Soldering Station.
Genuine Hakko Soldering Station
- The box paper looks pretty and contained recycle content having a specific odour.
- There is a metal insert in the soldering iron holder.
- The soldering iron wire is flexible and soft.
- The plastic of the station feels really smooth, silky.
- There are three labels serial number looks like a date code. The label reaches the default gap between the two front feet of the station.
- The screw holding the wire in the station is flattened.
- There is a fuse inside the station.
Fake Hakko Soldering Station
- The box is made up of virgin fibre and looks thin.
- You will notice that there is no metal insert. It’s just diecast.
- The soldering iron wire near the solder is very hard, not made up of silicon.
- The plastic of the station is not smooth, silky, feels rough.
- The label has much smaller.
- The screw holding the wire in the station is pointy.
- There is no fuse.
- Usually, no warranty.
- Made in China